The University of Michigan, School of Information - Ann Arbor, MI
Master of Science in Information, Human-Computer Interaction Specialization - Expected May 2007
- User Interface Design
- System Evaluation Techniques
- Information Architecture
- Information Visualization
- Search and Retrieval
- Human Behavior
- Cognitive Ergonomics
- Graphic Design
The University of Michigan, College of Engineering - Ann Arbor, MI
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Industrial & Operations Engineering - May 2004
- Computer Programming
- Human Factors in Computer Systems
Pfizer, Inc. - Ann Arbor, MI
Intern, May 2006-Present
- Designed and developed dynamic website for global use on Pfizer intranet.
- Conducted usability tests and contextual inquiries during design process
- Worked with members of a newly formed Council to develop Council Charter.
Motorola, Inc. - Seguin, TX
Production Supervisor (Automotive Communications and Electronic Systems Sector), Jun 2004-Jun 2005
- Used teambuilding skills to successfully start up, supervise, and train a new production team of 15 machine operators in a high-speed automotive manufacturing environment.
- Worked with process and quality engineers to improve efficiency and throughput of manufacturing lines.
- Improved quality by reducing defects and cost of scrap.
- Used communication, leadership, and problem solving skills to meet or exceed required production levels.
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute - Ann Arbor, MI
Research Assistant/Webmaster (Office for the Study of Automotive Transportation), May 2003-Jun 2004 & Dec 2005-May 2006
- Utilized programming skills to update and develop new applications for department website.
- Designed structure of new department website to increase usability and information accessability.
- Reviewed and edited data/graphics for research papers.
- Performed technical support for department members.
- Designed and developed brochure to market company affiliates program.
University of Michigan Scheduling Office - Ann Arbor, MI
Receptionist, Nov 2000-Apr 2002
- Provided information on a wide variety of University Activities to students and customers.
Sierra Lobo, Inc. - Sandusky, OH
Intern, May 2000-Aug 2000 & May 2001-Aug 2001
- Developed programming tool for collecting test data (LabView).
- Assembled and tested prototypes of cryogenic fluid gauging invention (Cryo-TrackerTM).
- Created electronic catalog of company literature.
Usability & Design Methods
- Personas & Scenarios
- Contextual Inquiry
- Interviews & Focus Groups
- Formal Usability Testing
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Cognitive Walkthrough
- Requirements Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Card Sort
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Applications (MiniTab, SPSS, Final Cut, Omnigraffle, Axure, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)